CD Jewel cases - Over 20 years and no improvement

We are over 20 years with CD now and CD Jewel cases still use delicate hinge points. I have hard wood floors and everytime I drop a jewel case it is almost a given that one of the weak hinge points is going to break. I purchased a David Sanborn (hybrid) CD earlier this year and it had much beefier hinge points, I was hoping this was a sign of things to come, but it doesn't seem to be the case.

Am I alone in this frustration? If not, is there a way our voice can be heard, like flooding (whomever) with emails?

Brian
brianmgrarcom
Here's a trick for those who like to live dangerously! Use a lighter, especially one that has the blue pin-point flame, and hit the shrink wrap for a fraction of a second. The shrink wrap will crinkle melt [upon itself] leaving a hole and will peel easily from this opening. If you use a cheapo disposable lighter you may end up with a soot smudge on the jewel case, which will wipe of with a cloth or your finger.

CAUTION! Don't use this method for a CD with a cardboard case which will scorch or discolor, or imported CD's that use a plastic wrap that feels "different"...thicker and having a "vinyl-like" feel. These will melt, and leave a sticky mess!

The shredding security sticker can be peeled off, if you use a fingernail to start the corners on BOTH sides of the jewel case...DON'T START WITH THE EDGE, A BIG MISTAKE!
there are lots of quality differences in cases from different manufacturers. the maxell is better than most(not as delicate)......a jewel case can run from 7 cents to 25 cents to a music label and the difference in quality in huge. needless to say, most take the cheapest route.
Fatparrot, I couldn't find a blue flame pin-point lighter, but the local Army Surplus store just made me a sweet deal on a backpack style flame thrower. I think I have the flame fully pin-pointed and nice-n-blue. I now should be able to scortch an opening into shrink-wrap at 30 yards, and I won't have to mow the lawn for a while now either. But I blew the new cd buying budget on this new tool. So would anyone like to loan me some of their new cd's for opening?
Sorry Audiobugged, I .. uh .. can't seem to locate any unopened cd's right now. You know, I was thinking about switching to all vinyl; maybe I'll go that route so no need to look in your mailbox for any cd's from me ;-) LOL at your post!