Jolida J100, Shanling CDT100, or 640C with DAC?

OK GUYS! I narrowed down the search to these.

1) Get the Jolida... I can always upgrade through mods over time, gives me a slight upgrade over the 640C that I have now. I would sell the 640C.

2) Shanling CDT100... just outside my budget but a strong midrange front to it. TUBES! I would sell my 640C.

3) Sim Audio Equinox... solid state but a nice all in one player

4) Keep the 640C and get the Audio Mirrot DAC to team up with it.

Whats your thoughts?
rkerv
Aball,

We're probably talking apples and oranges here but assuming that a good digital cable is used with good PCs for the 640c and Audio Mirror, I would venture to say that set up would best the Jolida. Maybe not by a lot depending on other system parameters, but we're talking maybe $750 for a D1 and a good digital cable, versus approximately $1000 for the Jolida with NOS tubes. That's a $250 cost difference to go along with the improvement in sound. JMHO of course.

I'm not down on the Jolida. I even considered buying the Jolida and the D1. That way if I wanted the tube sound I could use the JD 100 as a CDP and if I wanted to use solid state I would use the JD 100 as a transport with the D1. Best of both worlds.

Rkerv - you may want to consider the above scenario. Then sell off or return what you don't need. Jolida's are a easy sell as well. Not to mention a number of dealers on Audiogon who will let you try it out first.
Sorry, but I have to put a word in for Shanling. The sound is okay out of the box but can be improved with just a tube change. The way to make it really make it sing is to get the unit modified by Reference Audio Mods. I had mine done by Kyle and it is impressive. Not too bad to look at either, a real conversational piece.
If there are tubes in the signal chain already- amp or preamp -why not a non tube CDP? Greatly expands the number of good to very good CDP's to consider.
Entrope,

Very good thought and one that influenced my decision. There is such a thing as too much warmth.
I have the JD100A and love it. I gained new appreciation for it with each upgrade in tubes, powercord and ic's. It is at it's best now and really good. However, I agree that too many tubes may be too warm. I'd be looking at a solid state front end if I had a tube amp and preamp already.