Exemplar Denon 2900. WOW Need owner advice.

I am the very happy owner of a Exemplar Denon 2900. What an incredible player. For you other Exemplar owners:

Two questions.

1. Do you leave the unit in "Standby" mode or do a hard shutdown with the main power button? Anyone know what John Tucker recommends? My concern of course is heat and shortened tube life if left in standby.

2. Do you utilize the "pure direct" mode- shutting off video functions? Is it worth it to do so? (My Stereo rig is completely seperate from any video display...to use "Pure Direct" I'll have to drag a monitor in and temporarily connect the Exemplar 2900 to it to shut the video functions off.)

I emailed John Tucker with these questions,but I think he's working 28 hours a day building units- I have'nt heard back from him.

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Dan
danlib1
Hook the Exemplar to a tv by video cable; depress the P D MEMORY button on the remote. Select one of the two available mode choices. I then turn off everything-video, digital out, and display on mode 1 and everything but video display on mode 2. You can use Dimmer on remote to turn the display off as you want when you choose mode 2. There is a very obvious improvement with everything off.

The on/off button on the remote differs from that on the front panel. I use neither as the tubes take about five hours to get back. I know it shortens tube life but I have a lot of Amperex 7062s. Heat does build up and I wonder why John put the plastic plugs in the holes for the tube heat to escape. You could remove them. My unit sits on top and really does not cause me any heat problem.

Treating the tube sockets, tubes, IEC, and RCA jacks with AudioTop raises the performance of the unit as much as does the Siltech wire option.
Post removed 
Thanks to all of you for your help. I disabled the video out and digital out signals, and I'm now running in Pure Direct mode.

I am also now turning the unit off via the remote- putting it into "Standby". The tubes remain lit, but heat generated above the output tubes is minimal.

I'm thoroughly enjoying this unit, and I'm finding it very sensitive to power cords and interconnects. Any feedback on what you guys have found to work best would also be appreciated!

Thanks again guys!

Dan
Tvad, you are wasting your time with the CAIG De-
Oxit and Pro Gold. As I have mentioned elsewhere, the new AudioTop makes the other contact enhansers I have used sound half-hearted. I do not know how some such treatment could so far surpass others, but it does.

I must say that I am perplexed to hear that you fail to hear any improvements. I know four others who have heard clearly superior sound with the video and digital off. The display being off make less difference.

Danlib1, I entirely agree that the Exemplar responses to power cords and interconnects, as well as to isolation. I use it on the Neuance shelf on a level 5 Mana stand. Presently I use the Omega Mikro power cord and the Acapella interconnects, although the Indra gives a wider and encompasing soundstage.
Post removed