Should dealers be able to......

Email audiogon users?? I have been contacted by several dealers trying to peddle there gear because its better! Well quite frankly I am getting tired of it and am curious if there is any way we can regulate this from happening, after talking with a few of "the guys" here I realize I am not the only one. I don't mind there input in the forums- everyone is allowed there opinion, but it just seems- to me- to be the wrong thing to do. What are your thoughts? ~Tim
tireguy
It is very simple anyway:
Weather you or someone else accept the offer or not before it's being advertised on the web. Sometimes it happens to find it reasonable and go for it and that's for you do decide. The main thing is not to think that you're saving him/her $2 ad fee:)
You're right being not the only one. I get it from time to time as well and deside myself seing nothing wrong in this situation.
I would prefer not to recieve email unless I solicit it. I don't care for the medium,though I recognize it has it's place.
If one dealer has sent more than one email, just block the address using your email application.
IMO yes: dealers should be able to email Audiogon members. I receive them regularly & find them to run the full range from very worthwhile to useless. Overall these communications have provided some good information that I'd much rather be with, than without. The mails that I don't find useful - well that's what the delete key is for.
If you find yourself on a monthly newsletter mailing list that you'd rather not receive, simply reply back you want off the list. They are required to delist at your direction.
Would there be any way to block comercial users from emailing private users(of course this would be optional, sort of like having an unlisted phone number)? I do enjoy some dealers comments and input but there are a few who will remain nameless(they know who they are) whom find it required to tell me every week that my system doesn't sound good because I am not using there cables, speakers, etc.. The kicker is they don't even know what I have!! but they know there stuff is better. Keep the comments coming. ~Tim