Transports under $1K

Looking for a transport under $1K until I can get a CEC TL-2X. Wadia, Audiomeca, Levinson, others adn why?

Thanks and Happy Listenig.
bigkidz
I have no doubts my Parasound CBD-2000 will be MUCH better than a stock TL-2 once Dan Wright is done w/ the project.
See if you find a G&D Transforms UTP-1 as they really are remarkable and turn up used for $8-900 here. Not much to look at, but sing and will just need a new laser every five years or so to keep working fine.....Jeff Tonkin of Hovland, got tired of the looks and put it in a pretty box for the CES this year, but the same old G&D inside the pretty chassis......You can't do any better if you are looking for redbook playback.....
I saw a G&D Transforms transport listed in the pre-owned section of the Chambers Audio website. Although, I remember it listed at quite a bit over $1,000. You can always make an offer. If you worked out an agreeable price, I bet JTinn would ship it to you to see if you like it.
Hey Brooksl, Last time I heard J Tinn's Dad was using the G&D/Number Cruncher combo in Ct....I rebuilt those two units a few years ago....
Bob, I think I saw the number cruncher listed for sale, too. Is the G&D still in production?