Scott Nixon outboard DAC's, any good?

I've got a question for all you digital guys about a scott nixon outboard DAC. I've been fighting this what to buy upgraded cdp situation for close to a year now. I have recently been thinking of a modded Jolida by underwood wally or a consonance 2.2. However, I stumbled across a boutique builder named scott nixon who makes a tubed outboard dac. I was wondering if anyone has experience with them and can give some advice. I am thinking this may be a option and use my denon dvd 2800 as a transport.This may propve to be a good alternative to spending $2000 for a new cdp. Thanks for any advice.
89lotus
I've the 47 Labs Shigaraki transport hooked to a Scott Nixon TUBEDAC+. This combo is sooooo smoooooth, with detail and rhythm. The Scott Nixon seems to allow dynamic nuances to really drip with emotion.
One audiocircle shootout:

http://www.audiocircle.com/circles/viewtopic.php?t=6727
As far as Scott Nixon's DAC being a "stripped-down version of the 47 Labs," it is just the opposite: the 47 Labs units are more stripped down than the Scott Nixon DAC. Both these units get the timing right and are very direct, but are non-linear, and show alot of triangle-wave distortion in upper frequencies. Neither unit has an adequate power supply, and one of them has a much better pcb layout than the other. Both have jitter levels that can be improved through a-synchronous re-clocking, and both do not have a fully-tuned PLL.
Given all that, I still have to admit that both these units sound better than 85% of the DACs on the market. Scott's KIT is fun to build, priced fair, and a nice learning experience. He is very helpful if you have problems along the way.
"Slawney", or anyone, can you comment on how either of these zero upsampling dacs compare to the Audio Note 1 dac that seems to be fairly popular? (I think it is the model 1, or 1X)