Pioneer DV-47ai and jitter

Is it a decent transport? Im not talking earthshaking, but not music destroying either. Im still on my way to the Electrocompaniet (long word) ECD1 DAC, but will teaming it to the Pioneer kill the benefits? It it isnt such a bad thing, would the coax or toslink offer me a better result?

(mines actually the DV-S755ai, same beast different clothes)

Anyone with one of these as a transport?
ausmac919938
I actually had this 47ai. By this time I had had the Pioneer 09,then a Sony 7700. My conclusion is there's a lot of tech. in these boxes---but not much in the way cd reproduction. You want better sound?/ a dac will help. BUT said dac will sound better with a ded. cd player.
I use the DV-47's little brother the DV-45 as a transport. With some power supply mods,better parts in the digital output circuit, chassis and drive damping it performs very well off the SPDIF coax.

Suggest you contact Modwright.com, they're very familar with the Pioneer products.
Kana, I too have a dv45a being used as a transport. Can you tell me what mods you've done to it, if you did any personally? BTW, i am pretty happy with it as a transport. It makes a better transport than my cal icon mkII with my dac (monarchy m22c + dip upsampler), IMHO.
Gitarretyp- yes, I did the mods myself. They require good
soldering skills and mechanical skills to take the thing
a part. I purchased the factory service manual before
went down this path. If you feel you've got skills, contact me direct, otherwise Dan at Modwright is your guy.
Gitarretyp and Kana:
I have a Dv47a that was extensively modified by Dan Wright including the addition of bybee devices to all 5 channels. I use it exclusively for SACD since I have a different transport for CD.....but I recently ran it through the paces as a CD transport and it sounded pretty darn good. If high end video is important to you, you'd be better off with a player without the chroma bug problem.

Kana: Do I know you from the TacT group??

Regards,
Harry