Pioneer DV-47ai and jitter

Is it a decent transport? Im not talking earthshaking, but not music destroying either. Im still on my way to the Electrocompaniet (long word) ECD1 DAC, but will teaming it to the Pioneer kill the benefits? It it isnt such a bad thing, would the coax or toslink offer me a better result?

(mines actually the DV-S755ai, same beast different clothes)

Anyone with one of these as a transport?
ausmac919938

Showing 4 responses by kana813

I use the DV-47's little brother the DV-45 as a transport. With some power supply mods,better parts in the digital output circuit, chassis and drive damping it performs very well off the SPDIF coax.

Suggest you contact Modwright.com, they're very familar with the Pioneer products.
Gitarretyp- yes, I did the mods myself. They require good
soldering skills and mechanical skills to take the thing
a part. I purchased the factory service manual before
went down this path. If you feel you've got skills, contact me direct, otherwise Dan at Modwright is your guy.
Harry-

Yes. There have been no signs of the chroma bug in my DV-45a. The DV-45a has a switch to shut off the video section.
It's never missed a beat on any type of disk.

My mods are basicly the same as Dan's transport mods, with the addition of drive/chassis damping, ERS and more filtering on the 5v rail.

Aloha,

Dan
Harry- Apreciate the info on the bug.I got the Pioneer to use as a player/transport. It's never been hooked to a monitor. I'm surprised Pioneer hasn't issued a recall to
fix the problem.

Aloha,

Dan