EMM Labs DCC 2 - Sneak Preview

Here are some pictures of the new EMM Labs DCC 2. It looks pretty cool and I can't wait until mine arrives in the next couple of weeks. I am one happy tire guy! :)

EMM Labs DCC 2 Front

EMM Labs DCC 2 Arse
tireguy
Stop taunting us Tim, or we're all comin over to pay you a visit !! We may not leave, of course !!
Looks a fair bit nicer than his other (pro-derived) stuff, which is not the most exotic looking... (likely due to it's pro-derived roots...function over form and all.) Nice that it looks good, still too bad it's overpriced IMHO for what it is... ($9k ?) Hopefully you can front-end it with something better than an SACD-1000. I wonder if Meitner will be @ CES? hopefully so, would be interesting to listen to it. (I have heard the DAC8 a couple times... )

-Ed
Tireguy,

You'll have to let us know about the sound once you put it thru its paces. I short-listed this one on my DAC list. It has a built-in preamp (much like the dCS gear) but Jonathan Tinn told me that there was a switch or mode where the pre could be bypassed w/o any sonic consequences.
BTW, any idea what all those diff. coloured lights on the front panel are??

Meanwhile, I gotta get back to my bank robbery rehersal.....
nice pics Tim- looks a little cleaner then the 2-yr old Dac8 loaner Emm sent me- guess we'll be getting our DCC2's soon...