Your favorite obscure ECM album

Over the years this label has pumped out a huge catalog of lesser known artists, some of whom I love.

Some of my favorite ECM discoveries include:
Art Lande/Jan Garbarek: Red Lanta
Steve Tibbetts: Yr
Contact Trio: New Marks
John Surman: Upon Reflection
Masqualero: Aero
Bennie Maupin: Jewel in the Lotus
John Abercrombie: Gateway
Terje Rypdal: Whenever I Seem To Be Far Away

Anyone have a favorite ECM discovery?
benthar
I'm not familar with ECM stuff (I think it's mostly Jazz,no?)-could some of the posters perhaps put some more description on the music reccommended.
I tend to remember the covers are always good...............

TIA
Ben, I was hoping someone else would respond to your question as I am uncertain how to best describe the ECM sound.

Forced to choose one description, I would say abstract Jazz. This sort of fits all, but does little to describe the difference between Steve Tibbitts and Ralph Towner.

Overall a less commercial assortment of releases for wider ranging music lovers. They are characterized by good quality recordings, beautiful album covers and a low profile marketing effort.

Other companies who's end results are similar in quality but different in art is Concord Records, A&M Horizon and Contemporary.

To help you understand, link below:

http://www.ecmrecords.com/
Eberhard Weber - Fluid Rustle. I don't know if you can call any of Pat Metheny's music obscure but As Falls Wichita, So Falls Wichita Falls is one of my ECM favorites.
Meredith Monk: Dolman Music
Avant-garde vocals by one of the few musical geniuses alive.