Which cone's or platforms have helped?

I am curious which Cones or platforms you guys are using on your equipment that have given the best performance? Which products have you tested head to head? Which products were a big disapointment? I am currently looking at the mapleshade cones. I am already using a large maple base like they recommend. I am posting this under digital because I have been told that it can make the biggest difference on CD players.
tennispro
I have gone for isolation, not coupling, and have been most pleased with Audioprism's Iso-Bearing polymer ball in delrin cup footers. Stable, effective, and fairly reasonably priced. Symposium shelf is under the TT, but MDF or wood shelves otherwise, neither of which seem as though they would be optimal when you knock on them. In general, I have found the differences to be marginal at best. I readily admit to not having much interest or patience (or faith) for this kind of thing, though...
When and if you use a loading device it should be a solid metal. Not sand or lead. The idea is not to absorb vibrations, but transfer them to the ground. There are many vibrations that are good and you don't want to lose them. Robert over at Star Sound Technologies is doing some amazing things with this concept. His precision made brass cones are doing the job, and his speaker stands and component stands are drop dead amazing. Both, utilizing the resonance transference concept. I truly believe that his stands are the cutting edge, and it's just a matter of time before they become a ubiquitous HI END name. All your components sit on a stand. You want the bad resonances to move away from your equipment and go to the floor. .
Last night I put the Mapleshade Heavy footers under my transport that is sitting on a seismic sink, my 16 yo audiophile dughter and I couldn't believe the difference this made. The bass was much tighter and everything was more in focus, the pace of the music even sounded better.
For the price I think they do a great job.
Jadem6 did a very nice review for this Forum on Neuance Alpha and Beta Shelves. If this isn't easy to find, email me and I'll try to find it and let you know. He knew more than I ever did about materials and mode of construction.
The website at least used to be www.greaterranges.com, but now I'd also try www.neuance.com. Mark the funny spelling of "neuance"--it isn't the English word "nuance".
in a system under THE WADIA D/A PROCESSOR. i thought it was foolish to start there but thats what craig goff did at an acquaintances house in a rather aggressive system (buxwise i mean). i was skeptical to say the least but without knowing what to expect, the bass went down another 1/2 octave. this was on dunlavy speakers bigger and heavier than me (i weigh 275#).
to say that i was flabbergasted is an understatement. i would have thought that under the transport would have been the right place for them. we never got around to putting them elsewhere as dinner and conversation took precedence.
im not as flush as i might be, and i will buy a vpi rcm way before aurios but they are under consideration. one day when dsd d/a convertors are available, i may have to grab some.