Ideas? PowCords for deHavilland GM70 SETamps

My system is about as complete as I could want it. Some tell me Power cords make a huge difference. Hopefully someone with experience w/ S.E.T. amp could lend me a hand. These are 50 watters. They currently are using Zu Mother power cables to a Sound Application Power Conditioner. Source is APL 3910 (tube output) CDP direct to them. Zindak Gold speaker cables and Green Mountain Continuum 3 speakers.
Thanks in advance, Tom
carmantom
Tom,
What PC are you using on the APL? That's where I would put the effort first, if you've not already done so. With the amps, I've had excellent results with the Z-Squared Elite I cables, which can be had on auction or used for around $250 each. I'm using them on a pair of 50W triode monoblocks, and after a week of break-in, they sound open and relaxed. I've tried maybe 4 or 5 other PC's, up to the $800 price range, and I find the Z-Squared to be the most 'absent' (read: transparent) of the bunch.
You might also try putting the Zu PC's on the amps and running them direct to the wall. I have found our SET amps to generally sound constricted by conditioners. It may be worth a try, just to see what you think.
Best of luck. That's a very nice system you have, by the way.
Howard
I have had great success with Purist Audio Design Venustas power cords on the dh amps in one system and in a defferent system, I prefer the Nordost Vishnu - go figure! It would be best to give them both a listen if you can.
You could try the Foundation Research LC2 power cords with in-line conditioning. I've used them on my Wavelength Tritions and they sound very good. I also like the Elrod Signature series, but they're serious money...