Best CD Player under 2k ?

I'm looking to upgrade my CD player. Budget is $2k. Am considering a used ARC CD-2 (can be had on Audiogon for $1700 or less) or a new Rega Jupiter. It's difficult to get a demo on an ARC CD-2, since it's no longer made. Has anyone out there listened extensively to these 2 machines ? I would be very interested in anybody's feedback who has done extensive listening to these 2 CD players. Thanks for your opinion.
PS If there are other serious contenders in this price range that are worthy of considering, please let me know.
mabonn
Your partnering equipment is pretty revealing, and you might be surprised just how many shortcomings you can show up with $2K. Once you upgrade your IMFs you're likely to get a huge amount of transparency. I have heard most of the players recommended above. The Rega gear, in my opinion, is awful - thick and slow. The Cary makes a good first impression but really lacks the clarity that you can get for $2K. The MF is just ok. Although not the best soundstager, the Naim will get you a long way. I would also highly recommend the Audio Note gear. Hope this helps.
I heard the Cary 303 and the Vecteur L4 this weekend and really enjoyed both of them. All of the above-mentioned players are all good choices also. You must try in your system!