Best CD Player under 2k ?

I'm looking to upgrade my CD player. Budget is $2k. Am considering a used ARC CD-2 (can be had on Audiogon for $1700 or less) or a new Rega Jupiter. It's difficult to get a demo on an ARC CD-2, since it's no longer made. Has anyone out there listened extensively to these 2 machines ? I would be very interested in anybody's feedback who has done extensive listening to these 2 CD players. Thanks for your opinion.
PS If there are other serious contenders in this price range that are worthy of considering, please let me know.
mabonn
Thanks for your input, Matt413575. The rest of my system is ARC LS-15 preamp, ARC VT100 Mk-II. My speakers are currently IMF Monitor Mk III (25 yrs old), but I will be replaceing them soon. My "short list" for speakers is: Triangle Celius, Living Voice Auditorium, or Sonus Faber Grand Piano Home.
I really like your choice of the AR gear. I have heard the AR CD3 in a similar all AR setup and Proac 3.8s. Truely awesome. I am by no means an expert, a novice is clearly a better discription. However, If this was my setup, I don't believe there would ever be a need to upgrade. It just sounded stunning. I suspect the CD2 would likely get you close to this. In addition you may want to add the Proacs, either 2.5 or 3.8 to your short list of speaker choices.
I would look seriously at the Cary 303/200 for standard redbook or if you want SACD capability, and I think you should seriously consider it, the sony xa777es(new at odde brothers) multichannel or scd777es(used) two channel. The high resolution format is simply astounding when played on a system capable of extracting all its glory.
Your partnering equipment is pretty revealing, and you might be surprised just how many shortcomings you can show up with $2K. Once you upgrade your IMFs you're likely to get a huge amount of transparency. I have heard most of the players recommended above. The Rega gear, in my opinion, is awful - thick and slow. The Cary makes a good first impression but really lacks the clarity that you can get for $2K. The MF is just ok. Although not the best soundstager, the Naim will get you a long way. I would also highly recommend the Audio Note gear. Hope this helps.