Not as much activity on analog here

Monitoring this site and analog in particular I see a downward trend in interest. Why is this so. Are we a community that has not grown much and all our questions have been interested ? Are we losing interest? Is digital finally getting the soul of the music right? I wish someone would chime in maybe audiogon and show us some statistics. Maybe it's not analog but all across the forum. Let's here from you.
128x128blueranger
Rockitman, you're listening to the wrong music.

The majority of music recorded from the fifties to the eighties was crap and the majority being recorded today is crap. There is a lot of good music being recorded today though, there always is. I personally enjoy spending my time searching out great music, new and old. There is more great music out there than one could possibly listen to.

I have no argument with people who prefer to spend their time tweaking their turntable to the max. That's just as legitimate a pursuit as anything I do. We can enjoy both analog and digital or one or the other. Whatever floats your boat.
Let me just add that cd, through reissues, compilations, box sets , etc, has given me access to everything from women blues shouters from the twenties, to all kinds of prewar blues and country, to everything that Hank Williams ever recorded, to Louis Jordan's jump blues, to fifties jazz, rockabilly and R&B, and on and on. I never could have collected all this stuff on Lp. Most developments have an upside and a downside.
^^^^sorry Tom, I am listening to the correct music. I have no doubt. It all comes alive in my room...Rock, Jazz and Classical. Format matters. Digital is the primary problem. It fails to capture the essence and beauty of analog mastered material.
Rockitman,
If that's been your experience with digital I can't argue with what you say
you hear. My experiences mirrors Tomcy6, very good analog and digital
music reproduction and enjoying both immensity (when set up well,
otherwise either can sound poor). I have a very large collection of jazz CDs
from the 1950 -1960s (with numerous duplicate recordings on vinyl which I
owned first). I have many newer digital recordings, both eras of these
recordings sound natural and involving. I can easily get lost in the music
and do very often. I'm currently exclusively CD redbook and just love the
sound in my home. Right now I'm listening to Roy Hargrove and his trumpet
and the accompanying musicians sound in the room present and
harmonically beautiful. To each their own I say. "Some" digital sources
can sound utterly organic and paradoxically "some" analog sources can
sound analytical and sterile, it just depends.
Charles,
I apologize to the thread. I didn't mean to turn this into another analog vs digital argument. When discussing this stuff I think we need to remember that we are talking about personal preference. All our ears and brains hear differently, and you also have the huge factor of personal taste.

So I'll just say that I'm sure that Syntax's and Rockitman's systems sound great and let you get back to discussing the lack of posts on analog matters.