Zesto vs K & K phono stages

I wanted to see if anyone has had the opportunity to listen to both the Zesto and the K & K Maxxed-Out phono stages, and if so, what your impression was if these two phono stages
franklin
All that is true for any piece of high-end gear. Constant upgrades and revisions. It's why I usually qualify my description of the Herron VTPH-2 as being the best I've heard. I haven't heard any other phono stage equal it (most aren't even close), but I may not have heard the latest editions or revisions to the more popular units. This holds especially true of the smaller companies that are constantly pushing the performance envelope of each other.

I usually suggest that those looking for a new phono stage contact Keith Herron to see if they can arrange to secure a unit on loan / approval. IMO, it's really the only way to be sure.
That's a great point, John. Mine was from around 2009. No doubt Kevin has improved upon what was already a very fine phono stage. He's a wonderful person to work with, too, smart and honest.
John,

I bought my K&K phono stage in 2003. In 2005 I sent it back to Kevin for the Cardas cap upgrade. A couple of weeks ago I sent it back for the full maxed out upgrade to bring it to current specs. I should have it back this week and am looking forward to the improvement. You are right about Kevin and his extremely reasonable parts/labor charges. No one else would provide upgrades for what he charges, it's almost ridiculous.

Shakey
Another vote for K&K and the support Kevin gives to his customers. My phono stage is about 7 years aold and has given no maintenance problems, ever. I have upgraded twice, the last time to near the current Maxxed out stage. I believe older models can not be made into maxxed out ones, the construction is not compatible, but to near the maxxed out one. Not a very scientific description. The latest upgrade was a very big improvement.

I have compared mine to a number of stages, including an attempted blind testing in my house, they are'nt easy to do. The only one to better it, was a Tron phono stage in an all Tron system and that was'nt by much.
Franklin,

I have owned the original Zesto Andros. After trying several phono stages I settled on the Zesto. The only other one that I listened to that I like better thean the Zesto Andros is the Allnic H3000; which I now own instead of the Zesto. Funny, just this weekend I had some friends over for listening and I was asked about the Zesto. I said it is the only other phono stage I would get if I were to sell the Allnic H3000. No JOKE!!! I really like that phono stage. I did not experience any noise; but I did experience a ground loop caused by another equipment (a ventage QE)in my system. I would advise you to buy it from a trusted dealer where you can try it first or you can return it. I even did tube rolling with soild results.

My $0.02 worth.