Electrical outlet upgrade worth it?

I live in an apartment. I am currently working on purchasing PC's and conditioners/filters. Question is:

I do not have a dedicated circuit nor do I want to put one in at the apartment. As such, would upgrading the outlet which my audio goes into be beneficial or a waste of $$$?

Thnx,
mattybumpkin
Natalie, I must personally thank you for another highly informed and deeply insightfull post. Without your wisedom this site would be a loss.
Matty, I have a Hubble and a PS Power Port I'm not using after soothing my ego as Natalie puts it by upgrading to two WattGates. I would be happy to lend them to you if you would like to try them. E-mail me if your interested.
Matty: I've got the Pass & Seymour Natalie is so hot on and would be happy to send it your way as well (you can keep it if you want.) My refrigerator is in fact running on one, but once you try the others, that's probably where it will end up in your house as well.

Hey Natalie: which receptacles have you compared the P&S to?
Czbbcl, You do have a point about the reliability of our hearing memories to A/B outlets after lapse change over time. I'm sure I am not the only one who has this convinence of having two wall outlets on the front wall. I can A/B test outlets in the time it takes to turn on and off my gear.
Czbbcl,
In your post you bring up some excellent points (that I have thought about many times myself). I hear what you're saying; there are no hostilities on my behalf. Enjoy the music!
Hey, it's only $12 at Home Depot. That's for a hospital grade outlet. If you want to go for a fancey shmancey outlet for $50, coated, frozen, baked and touched with only gloved hands: go for it. The $12 one will give you a tight connection. That's all this deal is about. A good, snug, connection, however, is important. I haven't dared to read the other posts, so maybe this is superfluous. Remember, this outlet is just the very beginning of your electric insanity possibilities.