VPI Scout Placement

I have been tinkering with my newly acquired VPI Scout and could use some advice... I have wood, carpeted floors and the slightest thump or walking across the room will send the stylus skipping. Unfortunately wall mounting is not an option due to space restrictions and room configuration. I have a Sanus rack for my other gear and I am sure that needs to be upgraded but I like the idea of having the TT near my listening position. Presently the TT is on a heavy wood coffee table. Your expertise would be greatly appreciated by this newby.
flyfisher
Spemd the money and get an isolation platform . Its the easiest solution. chains, sandboxes. Phooey!
>>Spemd the money and get an isolation platform<<
Listen to this genius. While you're at it, pick up a couple hundred shares of Enron too.
wall mont is rarely a good idea anyway unless it's solid brick. A drywall board wall flexes in & out w/ bass-freq SPL; it muddies up the sound & can even sound like bad flutter, like a dirty capstan /roller on a tape drive.
I use an Arcici air platform although there are now better methods I've learned of.
You can even go downstairs & install floor jacks underneath the ttable floor area.
Bob:
>>You can even go downstairs & install floor jacks underneath the ttable floor area.<<
Agreed. This is also an excellent recommendation.