Anybody hear of Jack Johnson?

I bought this cd and really like it. Real upbeat, toe tappin music. Anybody else familiar with him. Song #6 is a good system demo tune.
streetdaddy
Love this guy's music. I can't find a bad song on either of his 2 recordings. I can listen to these over and over again without getting sick of them. To the issues of good/bad recording, I find that some aspects are very good and some are not so good. I second the thoughts on the amazing cymbol crashes and add to that some of the snare and rim taps have a nice touch of echo and spatial resolution. Guitars are recorded very well and the bass notes are deep and tight. The main complaint I have is that vocals are little too forward. I have been tuning my rig to the new CD with different tweaks and cable swapping, but it still sounds as if the mic has too much gain and/or he is swallowing it while he sings and there is still a bit of exaggeration on sibiliants that I do not get on any other CD's.
He has 2 film sound tracks. One is the Summer Sessions. The other is Thicker than Water. Both have nice variety and are well recorded.
His domestic vinyl souns good, too. Brushfire Fairytales is a bargain for around $11! Keeps you warm in the winter!

Spencer