NEED A RECOMMENDATION FOR NEW CD/SACD PLAYER

My Esoteric K-01 player has just stopped working for the second time.
The transport works, but no audio on any source--no audio on CD and no audio from my server. I will send it back for repair. This is the second time for repairs in two years.

Can anyone recommend a CD/SACD player that is more reliable? I thought the sound of the K-01 was very good; I am happy to consider units that are better sounding and/or more expensive. But reliability is just as important.

I just don't want to deal with the unit going down again. . .
huntermusic
Wow. That is an expensive, flagship SACD/CD player with an excellent reputation for sound quality. You must be very annoyed.

I have not heard of issues with the Esoteric K-01 and "know" some forum friends with the unit and can't recall them posting of problems. This, of course, is no salve to your wounds.

I wish you well in having your K-01 repaired.

Regards,
Thanks for responding. Yes, the K-01 sounds great. I love the sound across the board on all kinds of music: orchestra, jazz, pop, acoustic, etc. The unit has a great DAC, and I also use it as the DAC for my music server (antipodes). But I guess I am used to top level equipment being 100% reliable. It is not as if it has any wear items inside the box.

Of course I will get it serviced---perhaps even updated--but I was wondering if anyone else is listening to a CD/SACD unit that they love and that is extremely reliable.

It is a drag that my system will be down for at least two weeks maybe more.
boy, I am a big fan of esoteric. I have had my UX-3 since 2006. Did have a SACD reading issue a few years ago, Esoteric repaired for free and it has been flawless since. That being said. I did hear a Playback design, forget the model number but it was their top model that I also really liked. I am wondering if all of the different filtering choices and program options on the K-01 are a problem. One of the things I liked about the Playback was less unneeded options of adjustability as I recall.
Why not Oppo? Not only is it a great value but, the customer service is the best I've ever seen.