Graham tonearm tweaking

I have recently finished my Teres turntable project. I purchased a used Graham 2.0 for it, and installed my Clearaudio Discovery cartridge last weekend.

My question is, I have been reading the forums here regarding the damping levels on this arm. Could someone who has experience with this outline the method that they use to tweak the level to suit the cartridge? Please go into detail as to what you are listening for at each stage of the adjustments. Do you key in on the bass, or listen for treble?

I am looking forward to finetuning this arm and want to put in the effort needed to get it to its best sound.

Thanks guys, Brad.
bfuehrer
Doug,I never took any of your,useful and educated comments as argumentative.I was very happy with my Triplaner,but,found the Graham a better match for my table.This had more to do with the fact that in order for the Wheaton to fit my arm's mounting area,and to fascilitate the "DOWNWARD" pitch of my arm,with respect to my Transfiguration Temper V's excessive vta "backslope" I needed a spacer between the cartridge and the headshell.You could imagine how pissed off I was at my dealer for not realizing this.Especially when I asked him to check this out.

That being said,who cares if I have to move the "FRIGGIN" Graham adjustment a little more than the Triplaner?It's still "dead accurate".It is supposed to be a more finer pitch than other arms,so what?They are all(other arms as well)capable of this level of adjustability.At least those I've seen.Gives new meaning to the term "Let your fingers do the walking"!!Who even thinks about stuff like "thread pitch" when you can still get the desired result?

By the way,I ALWAYS close my eyes(AT TIMES) whether listening "LIVE" or to my own set-up.I'll bet Raul has too!!!

Please take ANY comments that may seem confrontational as "SIMPLY" comments I'd make to a "Friend" during a listening session!!BOY,you would not believe some of the "REALLY HEATED"audio debates that constantly break out in my listening group,and not from me.I'm too busy ducking.I LOVE it,though!!!
...in order for the Wheaton to fit my arm's mounting area,and to fascilitate the "DOWNWARD" pitch of my arm,with respect to my Transfiguration Temper V's excessive vta "backslope" I needed a spacer between the cartridge and the headshell.You could imagine how pissed off I was at my dealer for not realizing this.Especially when I asked him to check this out.
Now that IS annoying.

I forget where you're located, except I know it's not FL (yet). If it's near central CT let me know. If you or your friends are nearby I could certainly bring my UNIverse over for a listening session some day. We can both close our eyes and neither of us need get heated up about anything!
Well in that case I should probably spend more time on it. Right now it's just a cut and paste job of what I thought were the most useful posts to (so far) this discussion thread, including the user names of the posters. To make an actual instruction manual the ideas might need to be put in a little different order, and I'd probably take the user names out. Also scan other discussion threads for more information to include. I'd be happy to do it, but it will be some time before it's done since I have to put in 50 hour weeks at work for a while. Although I'm at work now, you can tell where my head is at.
Jeff_ss, don't knock yourself out over this. I certainly wouldn't ask you to do some kind of tech writing. One can usually find this information with a search. Really there are just two threads here that I know of that have the valuable info on this subject and since SirSpeedy was involved in both they shouldn't be hard to recall.