benz ref 2 or sumiko celebration

hi currently own the benz, but it's in for repair, and i have the celebration for a loaner. i love it, and i've read some very flattering things about it. i'm running it with a vpi scout/jmw-9 table/arm combo. i have a tube pre and a ss amp. i listen to mostly acoustic jazz, folk, classic rock, everything except for classical. so should i keep the benz, or trade it for the sumiko? my ears tell me sumiko is the way to go hear, but maybe it's not the match with my rig as the benz is. or maybe it's better?

would love to hear opinions. thanks.
sberger
Well, having sold a Benz Ruby "3" and also a Shelter 901. I am looking for a new cartridge. Problem is how can I hear a Celebration before buying. Neither the Benz or Shelter (both opposites IMO) worked for me. One guy I know is pushing me to buy a Transfiguration Temper W. I want to get off the cartridge merry-go-round. But again, I not buying without hearing first. I live in NYC area.
Reb1208,

Just FYI,My Ruby 2 bettered the sumiko celebration on SME20/IV/iV.

If you really want to upgrade from Ruby3,you should demo Dynavector X1's or the new Rua. (Both are much better than Ruby2)

Unfortunatelly,i haven't heard the Ruby3,but US distributor told me that mine is the same spech with Ruby3 except for the label.

Hope this is help.

Which one do you like better in your system,Ruby3 or 901?
Audio999: ***** " My Ruby 2 bettered the sumiko celebration on SME20/IV/iV. " *****

I own both and I think that both are differents music sound presentation cartridges. I think that your statement has to be more with what you like or maybe do a better match with your audio system that if the Ruby 2 " bettered " the Celebration.

I own, too, the Dynavector XV-1 and here I agree with you: hands down the Ruby 2 or the Celebration.

Regards and enjoy the music.
Raul.
I agree with you that they are different animal.

But,

After listening to the Ruby 2 and changed it to sumiko celebration,do you think it was an upgraded? I was not.

Anyway,i'm in love with both XV-1's and Rua right now.