confused???

AuGoNers,
Ok guys,after many nights of researching on a separate phono pre,i know if i have $700,the best choice is EAR 834P,but unfortunatly i can only spend 3-400 at the moment,and there are just too many choices and the more i read about them,the more i get confused.i am narrowing it down to only a few.
1, monolithic ps1&Hc1
2, clearaudio basic
3, stick with the internal phono til i can get the EAR 834p
i have a clearaudio level II,mod RB300 arm, benz glider (.82Mv)

help.help.help....thanks guys
ttrhp
Not to confuse you further, but I just picked up a Camelot Lancelot Pro battery powered mm/mc phono stage for under $500, $1K new, and it sounds really fantastic. Highly recommended at used or even new prices.
Very simple, TTRHP. You already have at least something that works- why spend more money something that you really don't want? Take a deep breath, wait a couple months while you save $300 by not buying other things you also don't want (audio and otherwise), then get something you really, actually, truly, honestly want.

Patience, Grasshopper.

Ragards
Jim
If you can live with an MM-only phono pre, then I recommend the Antique Sound Labs ini Phono, an extremely musical and capable tubed phono unit - like the EAR 834 - which retails for roughly $250 new. Throw in some matched quality tubes for an extra $50. Once you consider used units as well as new, then choice depends on availability while you're hunting. Good luck.