How to protect turntable from children?

How do you do it? Locking book case?

Links to furniture would be superb.

Best,

Matt
mksolid
Kijanki:

Parenting!!!

Time consuming, but also quite rewarding.

Matt:

A budget and basic taste preferences may help gather better advice.

If you look @ my system description you will see that all the electronics are well protected.

However, if I were to place the electronics in the listening room, which is also our living room, I would modify a real piece of furniture to house the gear as I've yet to see a Hi-Fi rack/cabinet I'd want to look @ on a daily basis.

If the budget is on the lower side consider now obsolete furniture quality wardrobes once produced to hide older/large cathode ray tube TV's.

I still see them @ the local thrifts for very little money and they are deep enough (many with additional shelving) to hold a whole system plus extra stuff.

If you want a lower profile look @ credenza/sideboard type cabinets with front opening doors.

We use an old Japanese Tansu cabinet to store CD's (it holds 1200+ and the CD's are placed upright with the labels showing, in its shallow drawers).

Before (the CD's) is was generaly used to store small crap.

Think outside the box.
Show them a picture of kids in an orphanage. Tell them if they touch the turntable, that's where they will end up.

Seriously, if they show any interest, buy a cheapy one box player they can have fun with and learn to play with just like daddy.
I like that idea that Rhljazz has. When I was that age, I had one of those little briefcase tables that I spun my Alvin and the Chipmunks record on. Amazon has a bunch of them with built in speakers for under $100 and as low as $47.
Oh come on they just want to hear how that PB&J sandwich sounds. When my kids were young they tried to see the picture of the PB&J with the VCR.