taming studio 100's

Just got my studio 100's and am using it with audioquest type +6 cables, which are bi-wired. Connected to an Odyssey Stratos amp. The speaker is a bit brighter in my living room than anticipated. Have a large throw rug and bare floors otherwise. Any suggestions for new speaker cables so that I could tame the brightness? Speakers were dealer demos so they should otherwise be broken in. Also, would appreciate any input as far as subwoofer settings for my paradigm pw-2200. Subwoofer is next to left speaker. Living room is 16X25. Speakers are 7ft apart and listening space is about 14-15ft away. Any input would be appreciated.
phizzer
I modded a pair for a friend 2 years ago. Upgraded caps, inductors and resistors. Two weeks later, after burn-in, he was one happy camper. Cheap crossover parts can hold back an otherwise excellent design.
Thanks again for all the responses. Turns out that my dealer gave me the wrong bi-wire speaker cable. It was a high crossover for a two-way speaker. That is why I had very shrill treble and no bass. They sound really good right now and am finally happy with my purchase!
You realize of course my friend that this is only the beginning of the obsession. Glad to hear it worked out for you.
yeah cosmicvoid-am already eyeing some jmlabs electra 926's or some odyssey lorelei's. The only thing that brings me back to sanity is looking at my savings account hehe.
Coonsider yourself lucky with little in your saving account as a lot of money can drive audiophools nuts and bananas. Enjoy the music now, when you have loads of cash to spare you can start to enjoy the equipment.