Cable elevators

Ok,

Im kind of bewildered by this one.

I'll admit, it certainly adds a nice cosmetic aspect to a stereo.
Ive never seen these for sale in any High end audio places. What is the purpose of these?
Do they make a difference in sound quality?
Are they purely cosmetic?
Do they serve some other practical function unrelated to sound?

I do like how they make everything seem a little bit more organzied.
slappy
Steve, they haven't added this new elevator product to the website yet. I only found out about it the other day, when I was talking to Robert at Starsound on the phone. He described the appearance and construction to me.

As you know, I am using all the other Starsound stuff, like the platforms, audiopoints, and Sonoran Cables on my system and I like them very much. They really do what they are designed to do, and I had a real "eye opening" experience when I put this stuff into my system. Once you get to hear what this does, and how it is actually a scientific approach to this vibration problem, it all just comes clear about how to handle the vibrations. They have even been tested in industrial applications, and not only helped with vibration control, but increased the efficiency of the motors in the machines, for reduced electrical consumption. In anything like this, or audio components, it will result in better working of what it is supposed to do, quiet the noise floor, and reduce smear or inefficiencies in signal transfer. I am definitely a believer in this, because I have heard the improvements in my own system, and they did far more than I ever expected. It is a genuine scientifically well-engineered product, and there is no "snake oil" about it.
A very inexpensive way to see if there is an improvement - take the white styrofoam cups you can buy at the grocery store for under a buck and place them under the cables. Then have a listen.
i have been following this thread and finally pulled the trigger.

went to pier one and spent $30 on candle stick holders to elevate all my cables off the floor.this included speaker cables and power cables.

the difference was incredible. the highs which "hinted" at silkiness was now "incredibly" silky, please note this is a all solid state system.Imaging improved as well as micro dynamics.

it by far was the best $30 spent and highly reccomended.

hope that helps !!

mike
Hi, which candle stick holders did you get? What are they made of?

Did you try anything else?

GW
they were three legged and constructed of a metal alloy ( it looks like). actually bought them at world plus.

didnt try any thing else, the difference was staggering.

which ones did you use ?

hope that helps..

mike