Cable elevators

Ok,

Im kind of bewildered by this one.

I'll admit, it certainly adds a nice cosmetic aspect to a stereo.
Ive never seen these for sale in any High end audio places. What is the purpose of these?
Do they make a difference in sound quality?
Are they purely cosmetic?
Do they serve some other practical function unrelated to sound?

I do like how they make everything seem a little bit more organzied.
slappy
Which vibrations are we talking about affecting the cables? I am trying to understand that it seems that we can hear orders of magnitude improvements on things that are basically inaudible...most time changing the cables themselves is a subtle change, eliminating electrostatic charge by elevating the cables is a subtle change...but when do we hit the point that we cannot hear everything.
I am not saying that some amt. of vibration does not reache the cable; Most of the time we cant even hear the effects of vibration on the hardware itself.
Steve, the Sistrum cable elevator system was designed to provide a path for unwanted vibrations to rapidly move to mechanical earth ground. All Sistrum products are designed and built with this goal in mind. They incorporate structural geometry, materials, and construction that follows the laws of physics to provide a rapid evacuation path for these unwanted vibrations. Designed by engineers and patented. They are the most effective when using a cable which has resonance control features, such as the Sonoran Cable line does. Most people agree that vibration management is now an important and mainstream part of the audio system. Sistrum is just taking that to a much higher level, and incorporating it into all parts of the system, including the cables. And they are doing it in a way that conforms to the physical laws of nature, and not "snake oil". All forms of energy seek the ground state via the fastest route available.

Cables vibrate just as anything else does. They have electrically generated internal vibration, and externally generated vibration from the listening environment.
ok, that's what I thought, they really neede a cable with added mass attached. I couldn't locate any info on the audiopoints web site though.

steve
Mejames, this is a brand new product for them, and I don't think it appears on the website yet. I have talked on the phone to Robert about it, and I think that this elevator system is available. I believe it is around $500 for the complete set(I think there are 8 of them in the set). These feature Audiopoints on their bases, and little platforms and are like "little versions" of Sistrum platforms with the necessary changes to handle the cables. When you add up all the Audiopoints, and other stuff that are in this set, it is really a good deal. I think that just adding up all the Audiopoints that they use in these comes near $500. I haven't gotten them yet, but I plan to.