Good Phono Pre-Amps...$500 to $1500

I am in the market for the best sounding phono pre-amp I can buy in the 500 to 1500 range. Will be using a Linn table/arm with a Dynavector DV-10X5. I listen at low to moderate levels, mainly to Jazz and female vocals...and a little rock and classics.

Thanks
whatjd
do not buy anything without seriously considering the dynavector p-75. it hasn't been in this country very long, but you can get it now through music direct. $599. unbelievable giant killer, especialy if you're using a dynavector cart. read more about it on audioasylum.com in the vinyl area, or the naim and pink fish forum. i just got mine a few days ago and it's already shocked me. im using a benz glider l2, and the results as compared to the musical surroundings phonomena, my previous pre, are nothing less than dramatic. fast, clear, extremely musical. you can also get more info here: http://www.dynavector.co.jp/english/frame_cart/e_p75.html

oh, and im not affiliated with music direct nor dynavector in any way...

good luck!
Music Direct also has a Coph Nia Phono-pre on their demo list for under $600 (retail is ~ $1,500). I used one with a Dynavector 17D and was very happy.
"K&K Audio Phono Preamp kit. $1500. It will compete with the big boys."

And beat most of them.