What are 6 feet going to do for me?

After doing my homework, and listening to many line, power, and regenerator conditioners I went with the Audio Magic Stealth. I love it. Now here's the deal. The person I bought it from said that I may want to, one day, consider an Elrod ac. He said the difference is amazing. PS Audio suggests their expensive ac for added greatness to their stuff, What is going to happen in 6 feet, (from hospital grade outlet to Stealth), that my Stealth, or any of these conditioners, can't do? All my electronics are fed into the Stealth using Lat International cords. Should I get all Elrods for $6000? Where do I stop? I would think that the electric that comes out of my Stealth is ready for my components. What else needs to be done? Are the power cords overkill at this point? If I didn't have my Stealth, would hooking up all my components with Elrods be the thing to do? Would I still need my Steath or any of the other possibilites?
128x128warrenh
It's maddening, really. If the power conditioners clean things up (or, in the case of the PS Audio, regenerate the power altogether), how can that six feet make any meaningful difference? In my experience, it does make a difference, but it beats the Hell out of me why.
Ditto Drubin.
I have a Hydra, but using JPS Digital and Analog power cords made a significant difference. I suppose if you filter your water once, it might be purer if you filter it a second time, if that is analogous. But, truly, I haven't a clue as to why my stuff sounds better with the power cords in addition to the power conditioner.
I have heard that the Elrods are some of the elite power cords.
Changing power cords on my Hydra-- from a dedicated circuit, no less-- makes an enormous difference to the overall sound of the system. Replacing the stock cord with an Elrod EPS 3 totally changed the sound of the system, other power cords and all. Now, to my surprise, I prefered the stock cord... but the senses tell what the senses tell. So, yes, it can make a stunning difference. Whether you like that difference is up to you.
The Stealth helps your other equipment sound better. Using a different power cord on the Stealth will probably make the entire system sound like it got an injection of steroids at the highest dose possible! Additional power cords to your other equipment will probably continue to improve dependent on the power cords you select and how they interact with your equipment.
Using a power conditioner does not relegate the need for a low-inductance cord to the component. The issue here is inductance. Cheaper cords have higher inductance. Here is why inductance is important:

Amplifiers demand current from the power-line when the capacitors in their power-supplies become momentarily discharged due to high-current transients in the music signal. This discharge condition must be quickly recharged from the power-source, through the power-supply transformer, or a voltage sag will occur. Such voltage sags can cause audible distortion at the loudspeakers. If the power-source has significant series inductance in series, this can prevent the capacitor bank from recharging in time to prevent a voltage sag from occurring at the amplifier output transistors. With a low-inductance cable, the voltage drop across the cable will be insignificant during high-current transients, minimizing the voltage sag. This allows all of the current needed by the output transistors to be supplied when they need it, resulting in fast, dynamic response to transient signals.

Now spending $6K for a 6 foot power cord is a bit much. I would think that you can get to the point of diminishing returns for under $1K.