scd 777es sacd sony mod worth it?

hey. there is a gent (think he's a memeber here) who seems like a straight-up guy over the phone. he does mods for the 777es which, he says, really opens up the sound stage and mellows the highs. his name's richard and his website is http://www.audiomod.com/

just wondering if any people have done this mod and/or have thoughts about doing it. it's pretty cheap. i like the 777es as is but who knows what i'm missing.
equipment used with it:
arc vt100mkII
arc ref1 line
space-tech phono
oracle delphi mkI tt
acoustat mod III speakers
vandersteen 2wq sub

as always, thanks in advance.
kublakhan
Mes: thank you for preliminary report. I will be waiting for the nest one. When you do it, please describe your system. Thanks a lot, again. Simon
Mark, thanks for your clear cut words. Forget about the vocab and the ears, just tell us what you hear. You are experienced enough to be trustworthy. At least that's what I think. I myself haven't contacted Audience yet. I think I'll give them about six weeks until I'll start probing a bit. Eager to hear your next report and yes, what is that gear you are talking about, which seems to sound so good? Regards,
Demian Martin, Tony DiGiovine and I formed DDR Mfg to build a fancy DAC and Transport....These are called the Number Cruncher and Number Server and are in boxes to match the Blowtorch preamp I build with Curl and Thompson and Mark has the updated versions of the older production units made by Entec and G&D Transforms.....The DDR units are built to order and are very expensive, but updates are available on the older production units......

Bob Crump
TG Audio/Curl Thompson Crump (CTC) Builders/DDR Mfg
Bob would be correct, my present digital front end is a G&D Transport and modified Entec Number Cruncher, both with the latest upgrades. These are top shelf units which thus far have been the best I've had in my system.
hey mes, any new opinions on the 777es?

also you mentioned price above but stated that it kept changing. is it too personal to ask what you ultimately paid for the mod?

after listening to your unit are you able to infer what kind of benefit the cheapo mod would provide? i have a feeling your mod might be over my head right now - and in the distant future.

thanks