Linn Ikemi vs. Electro. EMC1 vs. 508.24

These three players are all priced about the same on the used market. Has anyone had any experience comparing the three players. I am considering upgrading my CD. Current system includes Plinius 8150, B&W 803s. I listen to jazz, classical, some rock. Small listening room. Thanks, Joel
joeldoss
Had the Meridian 566.24 and 500 (equivalent to the 508.24) and bought the EMC-1 to replace them. Never looked back. The EMC-1 is the most analogue-like CD player I have ever heard, I absolutely love it. I mostly listen to jazz, small scale classical, folk/blues/bluegrass/alt.country, some rock too, like you. I think you would love this player.
I had the Linn Ikemi and the EMC-1 as the final two CDPs I was trying to decide on last year when I was in your situation.I heard the Linn but not the EMC-1 and upon reading a lot about both players I went with the EMC-1 and never look back. A really great CD player for the money.
The Ikemi is very refined but also very laid back with soft bass. I am a big fan of the player but the 508.24 has a more powerful, controlled bass, a little more up front and overall I found it to be a more exciting player.
I'm in Joel's position, too, but have had to rule out the EMC as too large. Blackie's comment re the Ikemi's softish bass has me concerned, as I was about to demo it versus perhaps a Naim CD5 or used CDX. More help, please?
Thanks. Ernie