Is the Ortofon Kontrapunkt A compatible with MMF-7

The tonearm is a Project Nine.
I had an inexpensive Ortofon on a Technics back in the early eighties and was quite impressed with it. I'm getting an itch to try the Kontrapunkt on the 7 but am unsure of its compatibility. Thanks
128x128artemus_5
Here's what I found for you:

Project tonearm:-
9" tonearm
eff mass 11gms
overhang = 18mm

Kontra-A:-
12um/mN
0.45mV
weight = 10gm

It seems that the Kontra-A is a medium-low compliance cart. Since the Pro-ject 9 is a gimballed tonearm it should be able to take the Kontra-A w/o any problem. I think that the 11gms tonearm can take a 10gms cart. I calc. the resonance freq. to be 10Hz. You want to be in the 8-12Hz region with a preference towards the 10-12Hz region so that you can be clearly out of the record warp freq. region. This is using the dynamic compliance given on the Ortofon website. Compliance is freq. dependent so it'll vary over the audio band. Ortofon doesn't say @ which freq. the dynamic compliance is calculated but I suspect 100Hz.
From a theoretical perspective, it seems like a go. However, see if you can find another person who has actually heard this combination. That opinion is worth probably more. IMHO. FWIW.
Thanks Bombaywalla. I do not have the knowledge to do the calcs. yet but certainly appreciate your time. I was hoping to hear from someone who had actually tried this combo. However I also understand the idea that most people would probably not put a $600 cartridge on a $1000 TT.
Bombaywally's info is good, and things are more complicated than that, Artemus 5, as there are synergy issues with preamps, amps and speakers as well. To do the calculations yourself, there's a really easy website which puts it for you on a graph, so all you have to do is add the weight of the cartridge to the tonearm, check againt the compliance, and follow the zone colours: if you're in the green, then you're OK! The website is at http://www.vandenhul.com/artpap/phono_faq.htm. Go to the very bottom of the page, you can't miss it. If you have an itch, and science says it's OK, then I say go for it! Of course, if someone out there has actually tried it, then as Bombaywalla says, that's a good thing. I'm an impulse creature.