Silver DIY Interconnects

Hi!
I got some 0.6mm silver wire and wan't to make some interconnects. What recipee/s is/are the best based on your experiences?
david_d
I would only add that I was not the person who contacted Sean outside of these threads. I always voice my opinions in the open and based solely on my experience.

As to audio cable, there are many things that lie beyond explanation or the ability to measure. Some things measure well and sound good, some measure well and sound bad. We can all think of examples.

As far as Sean and I, I am not as technical a person as he is. My only goal as an audiophile is to achieve the highest possible musical performance from my audio system within my financial restraints.

I read specifications if the manufacturer lists them, but I only make judgements based on trying the item in a known situation. Even then, I generally will not voice an opinion until after long term listening.

There are likely as many ways people arrive at what they want as there are members at Audiogon. Sharing experiences has value, even among those of us searching for different end results.
Sean, I would agree with you on the specs for the gauge. I've tried 24 gauge and it sounded muddy in the upper mid range. I tried twisted pair of 30 gauge ( equivalent to 27.01 gauge.) and it works great for me. I'm still experimenting with slightly thicker gauge to see if I get more lower frequency response. I think working from Chris's web site is a start. Finding your own gauge to fit your own system will be base on trail and error experience.

Hello!

Sorry for the delay.
The wire is "pure" silver with no "jacket" on it(got it from a Jewelery store). John gave the clarification (thanks)what gauge 0.6mm is. What about the insulation, what materials to use (i won't use teflon as the insulation mainly for cost reasons)? Any further comments are welcome.

Oh, by the way i've red many posts from you Sean and belive to have a "feel" and understanding of your point of view. I know that you don't mean to insult nobody being a Gentleman - you are. Do not worry, there are many (and then some) of us that apreciate your (and others) well meaned and honest opinions and experience.
Hey guys and gals! We realy don't need to "fight" about it. Let everybody pick their choice based on their preferences, needs, etc.

P.S.
Feel free to recommend specific recipe's of the cable configuration and perhaps give a description how they "sounded" to you.
Many thanks, David.
There are a lot if interesting observations and cable recipies on Jon Risch's web site:
http://www.geocities.com/jonrisch/
Jon posts a lot in the cable forum at Audio Asylum. He definitely prefers teflon as a dielectric, and I think he has a link where you can buy teflon tube for not much $$.

As to other discussion above, I always enjoy Sean's posts. I am an engineer, and I like to apply science where ever possible. But I find the issue of audio wire and cable to be very humbling. No matter how good the theory may be, in the end it needs to soung good to Albert (and the rest of us) or we need new theory!

Cheers,
Charlie