Buy a CD now or wait new technology

I intend upgrading my CD or alternately going for a two box system, up from a meridian 206 to maybe Accuphase,Audiomeca or one or two others in that league.Should I make my move now or wait for the new technology?.If I buy now will I be faced with a substantial loss when I try to sell the usurped components when the new gear comes on to the market.What would you do. Thanks heaps to any an all contributors.
ssomsit
Check out this review of the BAT VK-D5SE on the "Enjoy the Music" website: enjoythemusic.com/magazine/equipment/0401/batvkd5se.htm
I wholeheartedly agree with Dick Olshers conclusions on this topic! The VK-D5SE is a stunning piece of digital gear, loaded with "yesterdays' technology", yet still capable of delivering true reference quality performance.
Lev 335,who spends 25.00 on sacd discs, certainly no one i know,and there are players for 400.00 list coming out in a few weeks,sacd is not going away,the 9000es dvd player 1100.00 street price was said to have better sonics while in sacd mode,than a wadia 860 in the april 01 widescreen reveiw.If your deaf and misinformed about sacd,then leave it to us that are neither to pass judgement.I have never paid more than 18.99 for any title.Ssomsit, why not try the accuphase sacd player and have the best of both worlds.SACD is today, for anyone with decent hearing.
Everyone is talking about this player sounds better than that player, etc..... Hogwash!!! If these miracle players are so good at everything how come during my research I keep coming accross threads about the latest and greatest mod's to make them sound about as good as a Levinson or any of the proven players on the market. Doesn't anyone see what's happining? The corporate suits are playing with us. They are pushing the computer marketing concept down our throats. The format war is there for a reason. To sell more machines. This one sounds better. NO! That one is better. This is the latest. No, wait! HERE COMES the latest. If you modify the output stage it can sound almost as good as a ........... Please remember what this hobby is about - the music. We as audiophiles enjoy music. If the corporate suits cared about the music they would give us a butt kicking SACD player only. No redbook CD, No DVD, just the best SACD ONLY!! I will find the best CD only. Just two channel. Do not force me to spend thousands more on speakers and wires. Let alone the proper room treatments. The format they wish for is multi - channel. Not me! Maybe vinyl is the way to go. Remember Redbook CD was the answer to the cassette tape. So I'm going to upgrade my simple system by improving the enviroment. My dealer is a friend as well as a dealer. He recommended I wait. I'm going to add the PS Audio P600 to clean and regulate the AC feeding my gear and I'm going to have my room analyzed for the proper placement of treatments. When the smoke clears and they produce what I am looking for not what they want me to have, I will take the plunge. Until then I will enjoy the music. We can keep the CD player and add the new SACD player or whatever clears the smoke. This is audio not the video game gotta have the playstation 2 OH, DARN 3.... WAIT 4 market. So please go and buy the best CD player for your ears and within your buget. Go enjoy the music now. Peace and good listening.
Psjulian, the reason your dealer told you to wait is he has no high end accuphase to sell you.The fact is dsd blows away any cd playback period, if your comparing same price range and brands, and hades will probably freeze over before levinson or any other ultra hi end company build a dvd-a player and if you were really interested in the slightest at knowing whats going on,you would already no this and not be asking a dealer.This is not a token add on like hdcd and dvd-a is flawed,and said to be so by the man who's responsible for it ,spent twenty years developing it,and has switched to dsd and says PCM is inherently flawed period.Add the watermarking in and its flawed even more so.So DVD-A, if it survives will be a multi channel cd sound forever for the average joe. Audiophools,on the other hand are and will be buying sacd,which by the way can,t even be played in multi channel as of yet,strictly two channel.So you see there is no waiting on the smoke to clear and if you cared to know this from owners of sacd and dvd-a or the audio press, you would already no the facts.This is the first new technology breakthrough in twenty years thats meaningful, and is a huge improvement over redbook and to compare it to a video game is utterly ridiculous. I run my player, which happens to have a dvd player built in through plinius and thiel gear,and the small percentage of owners who would mod there sacd players are doing it mainly for the cd side of things,not sacd.Yes its about the music, but the music just sounds more liquid and analog in sacd, no matter what player you use, compare it to a similar priced cd only player and you will hear more of what its all about,the music.Until then, you and your dealer are underinformed and you can always listen to sacd in two channel on any future disc,as i will at least until iv'e heard a realistic recording of rear placements of sound,which has not been done yet in my opionion.One thing you could do is listen to some sacd soon before trying to sway others to stick with cd and having very little if anything to back up your opinion.