Stylast compatibility ZYX cartridges

I understand liquid lubricants and cleaners are not recommended for ZYX cartridges because their hollow cantilever will wick fluid up by capillary action. Is this correct? I have noted a clear benefit in reduction of surface noise from Stylast with my other cartridges.

Is there an acceptable way to enjoy the lubricant benefit of Stylast with ZYX?

Is there a different product I could use with this cartridge to achieve the same benefits?

Finally, is Stylast incompatible with other brands of phono cartridges?

Thanks.
cardiackid
So what is the viscosity of Stylast? What is the specific gravity? What is the molecular pressure? Can you prove that capillary action is indeed taking place or to what effect?

By the way, the match striker idea was around in the 1960's and is not a new idea by any means.
I, too, have used Stylast and other liquid cleaners for many years (at least 25) without a problem. Every time I read one of these warnings I stop for a while, but always return. My current cart (Grado Reference) has had at least 4 years of heavy use duing which i've gone through at least 3 botles of Stylast. But as they say, YMMV.
I have a Lyra helikon. I use Record Research #9. When I apply it, and get a little careless...you can see it moving up the cantilever. Darkens it slightly as it moves. Fortunately, it seems to evaporate quickly and never really goes inside the coil area (I hope).

I'll have to respectively disagree with jes45.
The manufacturer specifically states in the literature on the website that liquid stylus cleaners that could "wick" up the hollow cantilever, are not to be used on the ZYX cartridges. That's good enough for me.
jes45,

Sorry that I came on strong, but it seemed you were advising him to blithely ignore ZYX's warnings. That struck me as imprudent when a $2K+ cartridge is involved.

CardiacKid's question was, "Will Stylast travel far enough up the cantilever of a ZYX to cause damage?" Neither of us has the data and scientific skills to answer, but the risk is certainly greater than zero. I prefer to heed the manufacturer's warning, you prefer to ignore it. YMMV, so he should consider both sides.

Will capillary movement of a liquid occur inside the ZYX cantilever? Sure. Water climbs up a drinking straw and the narrower the straw the farther it climbs. This effect is readily visible. Since ZYX chose to make their cantilever hollow, their warnings about liquid cleaners seem quite sensible.

I certainly didn't suggest match strikers were a new idea. In fact I credited a guy who's used it for decades himself, as you suggested. That makes it more credible, right?