Turntable stands

Can anyone give me some advice on good->excellent quality stands?

Thanks.
mikes
I have a Sound Org for my AR (cherry base) that I passed on to my daughter, going along with twl. Perfect!

For my Linn, My shelves are much higher and less rigid. I use Black Diamond shelf with their cones on the marble shelf. So the Linn sits in the shelf, cones beneath and then marble below. It passes the jump test on wooden flooring.
I have a Sota Saphire III and have had great results using a new Sound Organisation Z-545 rack. It is 28" high and has 3 adjustable shelves below the top shelf. These can be removed if necessary. I agree with TWL, that a suspended turntable works best with a lightweight, rigid stand. The Sound Organization stands are availible through The Audio Advisor for $290.00.
Mikes:

Your best bet is a simple DIY rack/stand (assuming that you do not intend spending more for the rack/stand than you have for the source gear).

Copy and link to the following A'Gon thread in regard to the "Lack Rack".

http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?htech&1001889380&read&keyw&zzikea+lack

If you like what a slightly modified Lack table does for the sound of your system/source then a logical upgrade down the line would be to then check out the the Neuance shelves manufactured by Greater Ranges/Neuance (Ken Lyons, the owner, is the one who "gave" us the DIY Lack Rack design).

Though I use Neuance shelves myself I have also experimented with a single Lack table as a TT stand and highly recommend doing so to those on a tight budget, based on my experience. We are talking less than $30 (including spikes) for a TT shelf or perhaps even under $20 if you use common/inexpensive items for the spikes.

The Lack side tables can be ordered online if you do not have a store in your area (think online prices are $9.99-$14.99/per table depending on the finish).
Please tell me why a heavy, solid stand is not recommended for a suspended TT?

Without understanding the reason, it sounds to me like someone said so and now others agree with it.

My ideal for a TT stand is rock solid not allowing anything to get to the TT suspension in the first place. This allows the leveled TT with suspension to focus on airborne vibrations and anything else trying to move into the sound path.

TIA for your replies...