Guilty Pleasures: Throwaway Pop

Time to get off our "high horses" and to admit to cheap thrills in our collections...stuff that is instantly disposable...but never sounded so good...I vote the Sweet,the Babys,the Romantics,the Knack, and the Cars...hopefully I havent tarnished my impeccable music reputation(ha!)...add Cheap Trick....
128x128phasecorrect
"Sugar Sugar" is still my girlfriend's all-time fav tune, with the possible exceptions on alternating days of The Monkees' "Valerie" and Nirvana's "Smells Like Teen Spirit". Well, at least she's admirably steadfast in her dedication to simplistic ear-candy, and I won't complain...
On tweakgeek's Shakira comment, her disc Laundry Service really ROCKS! When my wife puts on her cd, I can hear all types of influences, mideastern, punk, heavy early 70's R&R, but Shakira takes it to another level with her fantastic lyrics and vocals. Maddona and Jaylo have nothing on this star. All the songs are good....Onto phasecorrect's post. Listening to my old favorite Johhny Winter Live/And, johhny's guitar playing is great, but what a terrible backup band and the horrible sonics! One for the garage sale.