CD Player w Volume control-Suggestions?

I am looking to run direct to my amp as the majority of my listening is digital. I am looking for a player which is upgradable, and has an excellent volume control. Unfortunately, I don't get the opportunity to audiotion alot of peices, and therefore have to "dwindle" down the choices and go from there. My budget is about $3000US (I'm from Canada.......so that's about $4500CDN). Any suggestions? This is my system I'd be connecting it to: HT TruthLink 2m XLR Plinius SA-100 MkII Transparent Ultras (single) Castle Winchester speakers with mods. Thanks alot folks and happy listenin'!!
rcoppens
I AM decent, and you are a coward!!! Unless I am provoked, I would have no reason to be anything other than cordial to your (imaginary?) brother-in-law, and you know that. AND IF YOU HAVE "NUTTIN" TO PROVE TO ME, then you need to pipe down on this issue, and let those who have more experience than you, share their insights...intstead of guessing that youe little philosophy can somehow be easily applied to all CD players, especially this one.
That's a brilliant assessment, John. I guess that's why they pay you the "big bucks"...
Try a MOD SQUAD Line Drive, it is a passive switching device. Used, it’s about $350.00(US) or less. Then depending on your system and EARS find a CD player you like. Keep in mind formats will be changing to either SDCD or DVD-Audio, so you may what to keep it cheap.