Vinyl wow

Record wow has kept me from truly enjoying analog ever since I first owned a turntable. To me, nothing says fake louder than that old sing-song effect that taints even the best records I own. I can't hear past it. Does it bother all enthusiasts? Does it bother some more than others? My wife claims she can't hear it, but she also runs screaming from the room whenever I play Stravinsky. Should I just learn to love digital?
hodie
Yeh, nothing like a sustained note with vibrato (when its supposed to remain a steady tone). I don't notice this as much on opera records. If it were just the turntable it would be one thing, but is usually gets in the grooves during cutting. The good news is high quality records rarely exhibit those problems nor do high quality turntables. When I run accross a record that does this - it goes to charity (Goodwill haunters beware!)
Many people are not bothered by WOW (or the "hunting" of various DD designs).

I generally find it to be more of a mild irritant than something actually heard as variations in pitch/tempo (we are talking decent decks here), which may explain why many are not affected by it.

I have not had this problem with any of my Thorens belt drives, but recall experiencing it with earlier Rega Belt drives (read they remedied the problem with later models) and most of the 70's/80's DD designs. It seemed that the DD's with complex speed control systems ended up being the worst offenders.

In this regard there is/was a killer vintage belt drive Sony deck that I would love to listen to again (if not own). It was highly praised for it S/N ratio, but I enjoyed it for its "kink free" sound. I'm not certain if it was a pro model, or not, as the only people I knew who owned them worked @ or owned radio stations and it was used primarily for transferring LP's to tape.

Unfortunately I can no longer remember the model number (knew it a few years ago:-).

Does anyone know about this deck (don't think that it came with an arm)?
PS: For what it's worth, it was once suggested to me that mainly those of poor health are the ones who are most sensitive to this issue.

I don't usually care for catch-all statements, but without going into detail did find the premise interesting.
It's a very rare record that I notice any wow recorded into it. If it is happening to you alot, I would suspect the turntable is having a problem.