Virtual Dynamics Recall

I guess everyone knows about the recall on the power 3's. Has anyone already got your cryo treated power 2's yet.
bro57
Hi all,
Been following this thread carefully and patiently waiting for my 3 Audition cryo PCs. Got 'em today and in they go replacing my Stealths. Initial impression I got is a quiter blackground and definately mellower. Bass is a little loose but I suppose it'll tighten up in a few days. Soundstage is a little wider but much deeper than I've ever experienced. Recessed? My dvd/cd player is out of commission and I only have my trusty Magnum Dynalab MD100 tuner to run the A-Bs. I'm also auditioning the Audition interconnects, replacing the Stealth CWS. Pretty impressive overall for the $$. Should have a better idea by Monday.
No room on da boat for you, Gunbei! The email Rick sent me stated that he sent out the Power 2s last week, I think it was either monday or tuesday. I hope the mailman isn't an audiophile and decide to take it home for a (permanent) audition.
Hi Stbhorn. The "cryo" is a cryogenic freezing treatment that Rick can apply to any of his cords and cables if you desire. Yes, it costs more, in many cases it doubles the cost of the cable.

Rick explained to me that the process brings the molecules tighter together, making a much denser structure which results in better conductivity. Other benefits of the process is that it results in a smoother, more coherant sound because there is less air in the matrix. And from what I understand, if you have one of his cables and send it back to him, he can still cryo it jacket and all.

A friend of mine told me that he knew someone that was trying to develop this process for use in treating guitar strings some twenty years ago. He said this fellow experiemented on different kinds of objects and noted that one of the great benefits was that it made all items far more durable. He even cryo'd his wifes pantyhose, and she enthusiastically noted that they lasted much much longer and were less prone to running. He went on to say that objects after being treated and returned to room temperature, showed no negative side effects.

I wonder if cryo treating a KFC Chunky Chicken Pot Pie can make a good thing even better?

After only four days of constant play, I'm nothing short of stunned at how these cables are sounding. Huge, holographic imaging that's smooth as silk. The goofy center focus I noted earlier is almost all gone. 80% of it was fixed by toeing in the speakers more, and break-in seems to be curing the rest. The Auditions are still improving, and the coldness I experienced earlier seems to be receding. After full break-in I'll reinsert my Cardas Golden Cross and Acoustic Zen Tsunami and note any differences. I really love the warmth of the Golden Cross, but the Virtual Dynamics have a very seductive quality.

Audiophile Postman? Maybe he drives around in a sound treated mail truck outfitted with a Rogue Tempest, ProAc Tablette 8s and a Wassily Chair, heheh.
Hey Gunbei,

When I got my Power 3 cables, I had the goofy center focus thingy too. Instead of toe-ing in my speakers, I took out the bi-wire and went fullrange with the speaker cables. I think this sounds better than toe-ing in for my system. Why don't you give it a try. Just plug the jumpers on youe speakers since the Audition cables are only biwireable.