Anyone else like to Listen in the Dark?

Thats right! With the lights off...! I guess this habit started once I went completely tubes! Besides beauty of the warming blue, purple, and orange glow...I can be taken away more easily by the music in the dark. I enter dream like states and my imagination runs wild. The music simply takes control and moves me!
Ag insider logo xs@2xsquiddy
I just keep a small wall unit light on (used for the bar glasses ). They shut the lights out for most of the concerts and shows I've seen, just puts you in the mood.
All the time! There's no better way to forget the equipment - whether tibes or SS - and simply enjoy the music. Besides, my system always seems to sound better in the dark. A glass of Single Malt doesn't hurt either.
Definitely dark, especially in the Summer months.

It is difficult to keep the room cool as is. Solar energy from four skylights, 100% halogen fixtures and 102 tubes (if everything is on at once). I can definitely do without the extra heat.

It is nice to have an excuse to douse the lights.

By the way Flacre, that wouldn't be Springbank 15, Balvenie Doublewood or McCallan 18 would it? I'll be right over.
As much as possible. I hide the tube gear (in a closet) and just listen/concentrate to/on the music, along with the various cat ID tags (5 cats) jingling on the food/water bowls and my wife walking through the living room (enroute to the kitchen) every song and a half, or so, albeit "only" when I am listening to music (this pastime gets no respect in our household:-).