Comparing AQ Diamonds to the new AQ interconnects

Hi,

I am looking to upgrade my interconnects. I've been wanting to get a pair of Diamonds X3 for quite some time. But, how do they compare with the newer AQ interconnects such as Viper and Python? I am using original version of Emerald at the moment.

Thanks
etane
viggen
I also have mapleshade doublehelix interconnects. I have better results with my emeralds in my system. mapleshade sounds flat in my system, and their is increased amounts of hiss. Although, I have to admit, mapleshade sounds less "electronic."
Viggen, I honestly don't understand how a cable -- any cable -- can produce more hiss in a system than another cable.
Hey Dopogue,

I guess we have a problem with semantics. When I said mapleshade produces more hiss, I didn't mean it added hiss. I meant there is more hiss coming out from the speakers when I use the mapleshade interconnect compared to the other interconnects I've used. Since the amount of hiss is very dramatically different, I accidentally might have "languaged" into saying the mapleshade "produces" hiss; in actuallity, it merely doesn't hinder hiss as well as other cords that are shielded. Mapleshade has no shielding, as you probably know.
Hey Dop,

I just reread my pre-previous post; I take back my last post. I don't feel I communicated the sentiment that the mapleshade interconnect has "produced" hiss. You are misconstrued.

I also should add, I don't use a preamp. My dac connects directly into my amp.
Hey guys, nice way to get so far off the topic. Where in the original question is the word Mapleshade even mentioned? How long are you going to babble about Mapleshade and semantics?

I have heard the new AQ IC's. They are incredible. Python and Anaconda are both very special at providing an uncolored signal path. I have not compared to Diamond, but I have compared them to AQ Opal and other, more expensive IC's. The new AQ was best.