Help choosing digital front end.

With about a $2000 budget, any suggestions please. I currently have a Wadia 830. I am considering changing to seperates with possibly a Bel Canto Dac 1, or the Sony SACD player. Any experience with these three.
blbloom
Mitch, bidat??? I've never heard of that one. Could you please share some info about it? Thanks.
I have recently gone the transport/dac route as it makes no sense to buy an expensive CDP and have to upgrade every two years. There are many excellent dacs now for @$1000 or less, like Bel Canto, Birdland, and EVS Millenium and these make major difference in sound quality of system. I have Musical Fidelity A3cd/Bel Canto Dac1 front end and am very impressed with results, Sam
Sam: Have you tried the Bel Canto or another DAC with the X-Ray? If so would you suggest it for a transport? You know that I like the X gear, but I have not gone with the X-Ray because of its stand alone sound (I like a warmer sound). If a DAC changes this and if it is a good transport it would be nice to have appearance wise. I suspect that they will be sold out sooner than I would like, just like the other X gear.