Help choosing digital front end.

With about a $2000 budget, any suggestions please. I currently have a Wadia 830. I am considering changing to seperates with possibly a Bel Canto Dac 1, or the Sony SACD player. Any experience with these three.
blbloom
while never having heard the r/a cd-players, i know of others besides carl that are enthusiastic about them, so one of these used would be something to keep on your list. that being said, your current cd-player isn't too shabby, & i'd suspect that a good used $2k line-stage would offer more of an improvement that yust a cd-player-upgrade. i know 1st-hand what a line-stage upgrade did to *my* set-up, & my brother-in-law sez it did the same for him - but, he could afford a new cd-player *and* a new preamp! :>) as carl mentions, a preamp also upgrades other sources, if ya don't yust play cd's... one person's opinion. doug
If you get a chance---and I realize it's not a very great chance--listen to a Museatex Bidat DAC with wire remote volume. Dates from mid-1990s, though still upgraded by A/D/S, and, especially when used direct to the power amp, is an extraordinary performer, comparable to the best at any price. Occasionally comes up on the Internet, under $1K.
The only thing Resolution has on their website (at least the one that I can find) is the CD 55. It has frustrated me in the past as well.
Hi Carl, the only url for RA that I've found is www.resolutionaudio.com/index.html. The bulk of info is on the 55 as Mezmo states. There's also manuals for the 50 and 55 and User Guides for the VT-960 and D-92. My impression was that RA had more products. If you know of anything else, please let me know. Later.