MFSL Ultradisc vs. Ultradisc II

I am looking to buy Pink Floyd "Dark Side of the Moon" on MFSL CD. I see them available on ebay in Ultradisc and Ultradisc II versions. Is there a difference in sound between the two of them? Was Ultradisc II a natural progression in sound quality by MFSL?
olesno
I'm not positive, but I *think* there was only one MFSL Dark Side issue on CD. The one I own is on a gold CD. They may be referring to the gold CDs as "Ultradisc II" and the older, silver MFSL CDs as Ultradisc 1. If that's true and there is an option...go with the newer, gold CD. The newer mastering process should sound better. In the later years, MFSL introduced an even newer mastering system called the "Gain 2" system, but I don't think there was a version of Dark Side issued using that process.
For the kind of money that people are getting for DSOTM on MSFL Gold CD, you might want to consider buying the "Shine On" collectors box (5 or 6 CD's & book, & other memorabilia in the box) that was released several years ago. The mastering and audio quality is exceptional. E-mail me for more info, if you want. Happy Tunes!
I have both Dark Side (UDCD 517) and Meddle (UDCD 518) both are labled on the back as Ultradisc II. I bought Dark Side new in the original long box packaging. I believe it was later issued in smaller packaging, but same disc.