Phono Box Advice Needed

Advice needed: Has anybody actually used a higher quality phono box, e.g., Cardas, to allow rca interconnect experimentation? It seems this method would allow for auditioning a number of interconnects before purchasing a more difficult to re-sell DIN/RCA terminated cable that may not work in a system.
dem
I'd argue with the difficult to sell din-rca comment. I've sold several in the last 6 months. All went fast, and for asking price. I think a lot of analog nuts are hungry to try cables like you are. (and me)

FYI in my set up, I've used VdH, Graham, Kimber and Hovland. I liked the Hovland the best.
Post removed 
Jfrech and Viridian, thanks for the information and advice. Recently, I have gotten back into vinyl after a 10 year absence,so your advice is appreciated!(former TT was a Well Tempered/Koetsu going into an ARC SP14 via AQ cables), In the last few months,I have talked with a few well-known manufacturers and so far, all have indicated which of their line level interconnects work well in a low-level signal tonearm application...I really don't know if the info is a sales-pitch or accurate. BTW,I had never intended to keep a phono box in the system, just to use it to audition various cables to get a general feel for the sonics. Besides the cables mentioned above, could you guys mention/recommend what you think are better performers? I have read a number of positive comments regarding Cardas Golden Reference as a phono cable...T or F? (Currently, I am using a VPI/SME V/Koetsu RW going into a CJ Premier 15 via an Audio Magic Excaliber II jps to rca.) Thanks!!