Will the HDCD format survive

Will the HDCD format survive or is it already gone?
soundwatts5b9e
Carl, you've obviously been spending too much time in front of the mirror. Anyone stupid enough to buy Resolution Audio should be pitied. I'm sure your butt hurts from the experience.
You two should just stop denying the inevitable. On a more serious note; I don't believe that HDCD is all that much of a factor. I have approximatly 500 cd's, and out of those I have only noticed a half dozen that play in HDCD. The HDCD does sound better, but not enough for me to care. It is maybe 10% better. I think a significantly better format will be needed to get people on a bandwagaon. I think we will see SACD/DVD players come down to the consumer and audiophile entry level and become a market force. Sony has already released a $700 player. This tells me we will see audiophile grade players hitting the 1000-1500 price point. Internet buying makes it practical for major players such as Amazon and CDNOW to stock SACD/DVD titles. Additionally, you must take into account that Sony owns the largest collection of recorded audio in the world.
Phill, where can I find it at this price (now you make me want it) thanks for the info.