Recommend CD Player with Volume Control

I have Magneplanar 3.6Rs and Classe CAM-350 monoblocks and am looking to add a CD player. Since this will be my only source, I am looking for a CD player that has volume control/variable output and I will bypass the preamp. 24 bit, HDCD, and upgradability are definite advantages. Any suggestions in the $2000 price range (new or used)?
ccandte
Michael, I have a right to defend my pont of view, and you possess just as much personal antagonism, in pointing out how you think I should (or should not) say what I say, singling me out, perhaps.....Sunny, thanks so much for your "non-antagonistic" comments. God is a good God, and I hope you can aspire to know him in some way...wishing I was "gone" seems like you might want to play God yourself (and perhaps you might be more aligned with that fallen angel that felt the same need). I'm merely discussing the merits of audio equipment, and philosophies. God probably doesn't care much, and likely has a better audio system than all of us anyway. I'm pretty sure they didn't even have electricity in the time of Moses...perhaps you should double check that.
And sorry for the typos. I'm glad that you at least agree with me on my points about translatability, Michael.
Carl, cool off man. Keep your finger off the CAPS (oops). Lets keep the forum on the technicalities of the subject and nothing else please. Nobody will hear what you can with your RA CD50/Krell/MIT...unless one has exactly the same set up as yours, which is not and can never be the case. Why keep harping over what you are able to hear being more superior than thou. You once said yourself that one can never be happy in pursuit of this @#$% hobby, so why you think it should be different now. :)
Carl, it was really meant to be a broad statement about the nature of the exchanges. I am sorry if you took it personally. That was not my intent.