subwoofer suggestions

I am looking at adding a sub to my 2 channel music system. I am using a B&W Nautilus 804 speaker with MF m3 integrated amp and Linn ikemi cd player. People have told me the Linn sizmik, b&w asw 2500 or mirage subs are good. I don't want something too big but I want nice tight bass, not boomy. I here REL is good but there are no dealers in Toronto.
jeffc
You can buy a REL mail order. Doesn't have to be through a local dealer. It's also my recommendation to you. Search the archives. There's a lot of info that couldn't be summed up in a paragraph. leo.
i know you people on here get tired of my sub suggestions, but jbl pro just came out with an 18 inch sub with a built in amp , and vairible xover. all for under 1500 . this is the same sub you will find in the best millon dollar theaters. i have the 4719 jbl pro with two 18s in it. it has spin tingling bass. case in point i was at ces last year. in the dts room were 5 grand utopias with halcro amps. two vison one projectors stacked, with two jbl 18 inch subs. why did they choose that with that kind of gear i asked? the reply was we know what the jbls can do, and the best theaters use them. so take it as you will and good luck.
If you're concerned about losing money by buying a sub which you cannot demo and then not liking it then get a used REL. Almost cetainly you'll like it, and in the unlikely event you don't you can resell for the same price. I've also heard many people rave about ACI Titan 2 ... and ACI apparently has a good home demo policy. I have never heard the Vandersteen, but they seem to sell well used, so you could probably do the same as with the REL ... buy and try ... sell if you don't like it.
Kirk may be right: if you are interested in HT set-up. Pl see my thread in Music category under 'Below 20Hz notes....' where my recent purchase of REL subwoofer et-up is discussed. If you are perfectionist, you may need stereo subwoofers for correct imaging. A pair of Strata (or storm III) if budget permits may workout. At least storm III that I have has very very good bass performance bothe for music and HT( just done watching the 'Fast and Furious'- amazingly clear and punchy)However the music set-up is tricky.
Jeffc, I forgot to mention in above post. Call Ambrosia Audio Video in Bel Air 310-440-5522, Adam, they will help you out. Very good prices and customer service. No I am not connected to the store, just a happy customer.