New Scout & MH MM-7 or old Linn Sondek. ?????

I'm torn up. I have a line on all three of these TT's. The Linn has all the upgrades, and i can get it for $1200, (which is a steal, right?). However I would like to get something new. What's all the rave about this old Linn setup anyway. Wouldn't a brand new VPI Scout, or Music Hall-7 be just as good, if not a little better? I want to make the right choice, becouse I don't want to buy another TTagain.
babyz
Thanks for your input. What is the big deal with the setup? Is this TT (Linn) going to make me nuts.
I like to tinker around a bit, but I'd rather just listen to my records. I'm building a wall mounted, granite based shelf for my next TT, to minimize room vibration. Will that be enough? $1,500 for a TT should be enough for any one with regular ears to fully enjoy whatever some record company spent to put on the vinyl. $10,000? Even if you have the dough, seems a little silly.
Babyz-The Linn won't make you nuts. It's just a little bit tougher to set up than some other TTs. I bought mine used about 12 years ago and have had no problems with it. I do have a pro install the cartridge and, while it's there, check the belt, cords, etc. So far it's needed no repairs. If it hadn't needed a new cartridge from time to time, there would have been no need to remove it from it's stand.
Mine is also wall mounted, which made an incredible difference.
I agree that $10K is silly (until I hit the lottery).
Don't be afraid of the Linn. Buy one and spend the other $8500 on vinyl.
I knew that something like this was coming, and I don't care.
I think, it is more important to know what is going on, and personally I think, it is more silly to invest in crap than in things, which work.
Some designs are better than others, independtly from price. Why are you crying about a 10k turntable ? A full modified LP 12 is expensive and it that good that most of them were sold from their owners, for super low prices, any idea why ?
Just my 2c.
Well Thomas. We've heard very clearly that you don't like the Linn turntable. Perhaps you can suggest which of the new turntables that he is considering, that will beat the sound of a used Linn Sondek/Valhalla/Ittok for the same price. $900 - $1400.

That was his original question.
At that time owned a cheap Roksan with a Tabriz Zi and a Chorus Black, a Michell Gyro with a Rega and later one of the normal Well Tempered's .....
Most bought used, each one of these sounded much more real and balanced, and the Dynamic Range was something total different.

Any way , I am intelligent enough to know in what direction a question is going, and I never pushed a product in my mails and I never was a dealer or made money with that. And But I still think, a Linn player is nothing remarkable ....
And a good design has nothing to do with a price ?
Or ?